Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
Joe,

I just called my friend Steve Wolfe and asked him for some information about LAH marked equipment. He said that in his career he can only remember seeing about 3 belts that were LAH marked. He said that he never saw an LAH marked frog. As for the suspenders, belts, cross straps, and belt loop equipment rings that they are almost always marked with a set of runes and the FISCHER stamp.

Richard Kuchta

Well I certainly welcome Steve's observations over a lengthy career, but "...LAH marked" certainly doesn't cut it for detail. There is a bogus LAH mark on my white frog. If they are just LAH initials, they better be as well struck as the maker mark's and date or they are bogus in my opinion. The material was soft when made and took a stamping of maker and date as well as the Po. Anything the shows a crack or indentation around the mark would indicate a recent application, that is to say sale to militaria enthusiasts.

I have not looked for LAH leather markings. But how they are marked is irrelevant to our discussion. Because the LAH was the only unit that was permitted to wear white parade dress equipment. And you have shown us white frogs with TK that are with bayonets with TKs that you say indicate TK units.

I would not be uncomfortable with the idea that white Fischer, Larsen or Romer equipment with only maker marks could have been used by the LSAH.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557