Originally Posted By: AndyB
The star marking L looks like engraved, certainly not same as seen on period police bayonets, Richard You should compare it with Your other ACS police bayonets spine proofs.
The white frog have cracking by date area because of the area is moving on belt,this is a rivet line, the area where is the DH is behind the belt so it should be not cracked in no way. I believe Joe is right on this. The DH was there stamped much later. You didnt answer why there is a DH on LAH equipment?

Andy & Joe,

The cracking that is occuring on the frogs that I pointed out is not from movement. These frogs haven't moved in 60 years. You have shrinkage & stress.

As far as an SS Property Stamps on a LAH piece of equipment what is your problem. I thought the LAH was part of the SS? I just checked with Steve Wolfe and one of my fellow SS collectors and neither have seen LAH marked frogs. Steve is the only person who has seen LAH marked belts.Only Belts. Both people said the same thing that the White belt and accessories are almost always marked with the Fisher Stamp and runes. Are you saying that there should not be property stamps on Germania & Deutchland equipment also??

Now you tell me why there should not be an SS Property stamp on LAH equipment. Where is it documented that there should be no SS Property Stamp on LAH Equipment. As I told you before, I have passed up alot of bayonets and frogs because there has been no SS Property stamp on them.
To other piece the frog on 41ddl marked with additional DH and 41, i am not expert on this area on frogs, but maybe FP could help, one well known frog collector of Germany, is member here too, mentioned a short middle stitching frog were delivered only to one branch of Army.
Same as You have other army pieces here kvz 1943 not SS marked on a SS piece, why are the frogs, when there from beginn, not SS marked?

I do not understand your question. Please elaborate.

Richard K