Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com

Joe,

On both White frogs you can see that the manufacturer's stamp was put into the leather before the white coating was aapplied. If you also look closely at the 98/05 frog you will see stress cracks all around the manufacturers stamp.
On the 84/98 frog there is cracking by the date,.

Both TK show cracking. Similiar principle is seen with cement and sharp corners. You get stress ceacking.

Joe I have never seen LAH markings on any leather or metal.However; I am not saying that it does not exist because I have not seen it. Can you post some for us to see. The rig that you recently sold, was that LAH marked.

Richard K

Come on Richard, those are stress cracks on the Romer frog running horizontally in the frog through the maker's mark created by bending pressure when the frog was attached to a belt. The belt loop is right above the marking and if that point is fixed to a belt, any movement of the frog away from the belt would create horizontal stress marks. They are not cracks from applying the marking. It would debate whether the maker marks were applied before the white finish. In either case, the Po marking on my frog did not crack or indent the finish like the LAH marking above or the TK on yours.

Your white Fischer frog shows similar horizontal bending cracks at the point of the maker mark below the belt loop while the TK that was recently applied above to the rock hard surface shows stress fracture following the circumference of the stamp.

I do not know what you mean by cement and sharp corners. These frogs were made of pliable materials 70+ years ago. You get stress fractures when bending or stamping with a metal stamp after the fact.

The leather set I sold was marked with commercial maker mark and ink stamped police markings.

I am not familiar with any LAH marked leather goods. Aside from the police and the LAH, what other military or party formation used white leather for parade purposes?

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557