Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com

Joe,

On both White frogs you can see that the manufacturer's stamp was put into the leather before the white coating was aapplied. If you also look closely at the 98/05 frog you will see stress cracks all around the manufacturers stamp.
On the 84/98 frog there is cracking by the date,.

Both TK show cracking. Similiar principle is seen with cement and sharp corners. You get stress ceacking.

Joe I have never seen LAH markings on any leather or metal.However; I am not saying that it does not exist because I have not seen it. Can you post some for us to see. The rig that you recently sold, was that LAH marked.

Richard K

Richard,

I think that I can see in the image what Joe was referring to. The broad outline of the skull has broken not only through the paint. But it has also broken the laminated layer beneath. And I can attest to the very brittle nature of the laminated frogs that have become more or less “fossilized” (after 70 plus years) from broken in half examples that I have looked at very closely. But what IMO is even more important is that even after breaking through, why is it that the small details of the skull are virtually invisible? Was it because the paint was also too hard for the stamp to make a proper impression?

I’m also thinking about your suggestion to take measurements, but I want to look at a few things first.

Best Regards, FP

A Fischer closeuo.jpg (51.39 KB, 156 downloads)