Originally Posted By: AndyB
"I have the 98/05 sawtooth and the WW1 84/98 that has a edge on it that you can shave" with a sharpening of edges on bayonets were forbiden in War1 same as War2 so when You have razor sharp there is a postwar grind.The sawback bayonets from WW1 exist certainly but i have doubts about their using in army same by SS, the stamps on them that You believe are real, it could be faked too. Without seeing it is no more to say.
And about Nederland bayonet, i must not see it, i know about 25 similar bayonets, that have pinned emblems, the majority of them were upgrades of Gis or veterans thats all, not used there in war. Or You believe that You are the lucky one owner of the Nederland division, and the other 15000 bayonets of the division remained where?

Andy,

Again you are making statements about SS Bayonets that you know nothing about. You know of 25 SS Nederland bayonets with pinned on insigna. What does this insignia look like since you have seen 25 of them? You must now be an expert on phony SS Nederland Bayonets.

You said that you saw 25 fake SS Nederland bayonets with the insignia pinned on. You have annoyed me to the point that I have just taken the grips off of my SS Nederland Bayonet. Guess what? As usual, you are so incorrect. Insignia is not pinned on.

What do you know about GIs enhancing war souvenirs. German bayonets had absolutely no value to a GI at the end of the WW11. Furthermore a GI at this period would have no idea what the shield meant. Here we are 60 years down the road and you sure do not know what it means.

Richard Kuchta