Originally Posted By: AndyB
In regards to your statement concerning that there are regulations governing the use and modification of equipment, I would like to see the SS manual and or documentation for what you are talking about.
Sorry but i will not discuss about this, Do You was in army in reality?, You could change Your uniform or move the bayonet position on belt or add or engraving on M16 bayonet Your girls name? What are You talking about. Do You know anything about german army? There is a basic manual of a soldier in WW2 named Reibert, there is clearly described every change is forbidden, and should be payed by cash or jail, no sharpening or bringing any emblems or similar items. As mentioned in previous SS was a elite group of NS Party, so the strenght and disciplin was even stronger as by army.
1. Saw tooth bayonets were outlawed by the Genieva Convention; however the SS/VT & SS/TV continued to use them.
- all bayonets with sawbacks on SG84/98 postwar are fakes, that is from german collectors that have the information, only sawbacks could be find on items like FW dress piece or DRK hauer

Andy, I strongly disagree with your statement in regards to SS Sawtooth bayonets. I have several. I have the 98/05 sawtooth and the WW1 84/98 that has a edge on it that you can shave with. Your substantiation of a couple of guys said that all saw tooth bayonets used by the Germans in WW11 are fakes. I can not speak for the German army, airforce, and navy regarding sawtooth bayonets but I know that my 98/05 Sawtooth Bayonets came out of Dachau. The 98/05 bayonets were stored there in a large quantity. Dachau was a large Work Camp. They made uniforms and equipment in their large shops. Dachau was also a Weapons storage Area fot the SS TV.

2. Did you see anything in the SS Bayonet Regulations regarding the Stamping of KL Property marks in the grips?
-You wouldnt start this thread when a SS regulation existed

Andy, please explain your remark that this thread would not have started if there was SS regulations pertaining to the use & modifications of the bayonet. I assume you have no such documentation from the statement you made. I take it that you have never seen a Sachenhausen KL stamped SS TV bayonet. Guess what? The KL marked bayonets used at Sachenhausen were not German. Do you know what they were?
3. As per the SS Nederland Bayonet, did you consider that it might be a divisional directive, or a batallion directive to have the SS Nederland Insignia inserted into the bayonet grips. The SS Nederland bayonet could also be for the color guard & or Traditions group.
- thats collectors would like believe, in true is not real, for adding emblems there were dress uniform and KS98 dress piece bayonet

Andy, how familiar are you with the SS Nederland. Have you ever seen one of their 84/98 combat bayonets? If so please describe it to us. You are very quick to label bayonets not real when you have no knowledge and or hands on expertise with SS bayonets.

I hope the documentation in your database of 14,000 bayonets is predicated on something more than some collectors said. We work with facts.

Richard Kuchta