Originally Posted By: AndyB
nr.1 because there is well reported production of rifles but not of bayonets, the main produced rifle of camps K98k modell are already the late Kriegsmodell modell, that in majority werent equiped with bayonet slot, read the book i already mentioned in previous mails, in Germany there was enough bayonet producers
nr.2 i dont know what for marking is for camp rework? the runes and 1941 date?
nr3 as You offered the rough finish and tang marking, there no possible that Your piece was made earlier as 1943
nr.4 i already answered the question, without picture no possible to say, as it could be no 88 but 68, anyway both are reported by WKC.
Anyway when stamped by WKC blanko it went to NS party with or wout the additional SS stamps.And it was made by WKC no in camps.

You expressed your opinions and I do not agree with any of them. Bayonets were beng assembled using rejected parts that would not meet the quality specifications of the army.

Grips as I mentioned are quite frequently found on reworked and or assembled bayonets.

I mentioned early on that I have 2 consecutive numbered SS bayonets that are phosphate finished. They are salvaged bayonets that have been scrubbed. The SS property mark was on before the finish was applied. Bayonets have camp grips dated 1945. Bayonets were taken from the Wobbelin (SS Weapons Work Camp) Concentration Camp near Hagenow, Germany in May of 1945 by PFC Walther F. Dunn of the 552nd H.P. Bn B Co.

The serial numbers of these bayonets are:1236 & 1237. He also got a rifle with srial #51342. Rifle was completely refurbished. The bayonets were never issued.

There were work camps in Germany where the SS had the skilled slave labor work on weapons.

Andy you need some new books.

Richard K