"In your database of over 14,000 bayonets how many of them are SS? How many SS TV? How many SS VT? How many are Waffen SS Bayonets?"
there is not a real bayonet confirmed that have SS property stamp and WaA on same bayonet, i unfortunally dont know what is the difference between SS TV and SS VT or W SS, Could You explain it? But in dbase are about 100 faked SS markings, thats the point.Of them about 80 are etched on blade or have added insignia on pommel or grip.
You provided some of SS marked bayonets and WaA marked, but for me are this engraved DH problematic, it would be nice to see the mentioned stamped DH with lazy S on the Elite Diamant 38 bayonet.
To Your asking for documents, i already give You one book for looking, but as enough books are already on market about the early SS You should look in them. There is enough material.
-"It is also said that WKC was a Jewish owned company whose owners ended up in the camps and their factories were taken over & run by the SS." here You are total wrong, there was other Jewish owned company and the firm was here already mentioned, You should look to Your material. WKC was the only firm that used the sutterlin font which was by SS preffered, so WKC was probably a very tight with SS in cooperation.
-"There has been no rework other than adding the Nederland SS Insignia."
to 43 asw, this is a normal WaA contract piece, that could be certainly used by a SS units,i assume it should have a wood grips, when it was added the insignia i dont know, by soldier were this normally forbidden, but i known about more WKC blankos that have added DH in to grips, so it could be done by soldier but it could be added postwar by Gi? As You not posted any other info or picture is no possible say for me more.
-To E/88 is observed in 1935 it should be probably under grips have earlier E/77 as there was a switch period, exist a possibilty that there is a E/68 but the stamp was not so clear that it could be missreaded, without any pictures from You is not anything more to say.
-41 ddl with WaA shouldnt have any SS stamp when not reworked in anyway, but i believe too by rework it was not property stamped.We have in dbase 120 bayonets listed in 41ddl no one has any SS marking.All have WaA883.
Please dont add full my answer by responding because these thread would be really long. thanks,best regards,Andy

Last edited by AndyB; 11/28/2010 01:27 PM.