Thats the reason why i mentioned a possible SS contract, other point is that we have already a original papers found by one documents collector that a member SS HJ division in later 1944 wore a WKC blanko bayonet.
To 41ddl, i already mentione that was SS equiped with commerzial material to this time and since 1940/41 there are captured material firstly and normal Army material used, as WaA was accepted by SS as equal proof and useable by SS units, about this exist books about SS. I personally have here only one and its a slovak translate of Christopher Ailsby book about non german SS units, named "Hitlers Renegates", they mentioned a totally independence (material and technical) of Army as a Party organisation in early pre war years. To sample the Totenkopf division had a swear realised in Prague in late 1940 and was to 2/3 equiped with czechoslovak material. Is from the book !Prague under the Hakenkreuz!.
Other point is we have a dbase of 14000 98k bayonet samples, no to this time real bayonet was found with WaA together confirmed with SS stamps.
And lastly Do You have a documents about that Your SS marked 41ddl or other WaA marked pieces are real? You dont pictured the marking on the piece, but already talk about it as unreworked.So for me no way that a SS stamps should be on a unreworked WaA proofed army piece.

Last edited by AndyB; 11/27/2010 09:44 PM.