Originally Posted By: AndyB
Here are other problematic pieces as mentioned before the SS property stamp should be not stamped on WaA proofed bayonets as they were army contracts.
-41ddl is a normal contract, serialed and proofed by WaA, i dont know what is there stamped as its not a rework it should be nothing there, no SS or DH
-S/174G, in e range should have a wood grips, as there is a early army proof its same as previous, frog has any stamps? maker or dating? Its a 1935 production, so no way that it went to SS early prewar period. As they used commerzial contracts.
-Vz.24 marked on pommel are not serialed but this are unit marks, has nothing to do with serial numbers, this was the reason why i answered some years ago that this number couldnt be a assembly number of the grips.
-i believe You should make home a dbase of Your SS items, to firstly have a source where it came from, from what a collector or country, exact described before it could be lost the info, because these are important information
- other point it should be exact observed for variation of DH stamps, and SS numbers, why are there stamped or engraved on crossguard and why on pommels, because SS worked in exact timelines
-to the 9. "The Bayonet is also SS Property marked with a metal stamp. Same type found on rifles." thats the point that we could not have a same opinion,You know about rifles with DH, but they are in majority a short time period reworks and You believe that the stamp were used on bayonets post 1934(WuK) to late war COF43, all the time of the 3R. This is the problem. I believe there dont exist rifles post 1939 so marked. You should go to Gunboard forum, as there are experts on rifles. And compare the stamps with rifles picture there.Because the rifles are the key to bayonets. Bayonets were used primarily with rifles. to sample the KZL rifles K98k made by bnz or other firms by labor workers and in reality property of SS, were only single rune stamped on reciever and have no DH or SS in circle or any acountability numbers. So it looks like the most stamps DH and SS are already on bayonets?

I agree 100% with you on creating a data base with all of the details on each bayonet. Believe it or not I started one quite awhile ago and need to do a good updating. I have also recorded documentation from all of my fellow SS weapons collectors. Serial numbers, Accountabiliy numbers, KZ Accountability, etc.

Richard K