Hello, nice pictures that could be dated with the location and probably by the SS uniform too.
To Richard FP already answered the reason of using of upper edge,firstly as a design that was used by Austrian and czechoslovak got a lot of them after 1918 and other reason is by uning it by fight with upper attack with rifle to a cavalry man, that should be bring more efectivity as a normal position bayonet edge.
When You have a time and interest You could send the SSZZA for opinion to FP or my address, and its remain confidentialy.
The serialing on Vz.24 You probably mean is not from beginn there it means a german rework, as mentioned before the piece in Wheeler book is no rework same as some of Your Vz.24 bayos too. There should be no serialing there normally. Thats why i asked You about serialing of czechoslovak bayonets, they were not serialed only in 1924 first production year.
Like mentioned before capture papers are problematic because of not detailed describing, i already posted the reasons, when there is a detailed marking description thats the other point, but fake a certificate is a easiest way,more easy as make a SS bayonet fake DH stamp.

Last edited by AndyB; 11/27/2010 10:50 AM.