Richard,

Right now I only have a few minutes to respond. But in reverse order, the Austrian Model 1895 had a reversed blade, and so did the Czech made copies when it became independent after WW I. As did the Model 98/22, Vz. 23, Vz. 24 and Vz. 33. But there are exceptions and some export models did not.

And you are going to have to refresh my memory, as I don’t know which Vz. 24 you are making a reference to, as a comparison with the Police 98K (SG 84/98) in George’s book.

As for the one I’ve seen posted here with the capture papers it did not give me instant ‘heartburn’. But with all of the topics that get started going in different directions, I haven’t really sat down and looked at it closely. And without something to look at as a point of reference for some of these other topics, it can at times be distracting.

As for reproductions/fakes/altered items, I do have some material. But really haven’t had the time to do much with it (see above - no offense intended, just a small joke wink ).

And for the engraving, which as Andy mentioned earlier, has been a topic at other times and places. Right now I just don’t have the time to go into specifics.

Best Regards, FP