Andy,

The SS 98/05 bayonets have had accountability numbers assed to them. I have only 1 98/05 bayonet that has only a stamped property mark. There werte no serial numbers on the 98/05 bayonets. The TV & VT WW1 84/98 bayonets had accountability numbers added to them because of no serial numbers. Early TV & VT WKC bayonets had accountability numbers added to them because there were none.

As for the SS VZ bayonets, the majority were given new numbers. The VZ bayonets already had serial numbers.

There was a reason the SS gave accountability numbers to the bayonets. I myself do not have the documentation nor the block numbers and or ranges. If I did I would not be asking for the information However, I know that the numbers were repeated.

As for the engraving of the SS property stamp and accountability numbers on bayonets to be called a fake "based upon some rifle parts and or rifles that were electric penciled by a faker/crook" is absurd. That is like calling all SS daggers fakes because there are a lot of bad ones out there!

I guess all of the Navy 84/98 bayonets that have the Navy accountability number & W engraved on them would be bad also?!