FP,

You asked for an opinion on the hand engraving on the Clemen & Jung. I gave you an opinion based on technical experience based upon my time designing for Hart Rifles in Nespoceck, PA. This was my opinion, predicated upon gun fabrication and maintenance.

Your statement along with Andy's are only your opinions unless you have some hard facts / documents to back up what an SS armorer had to work with. The fact is the Clemen & Jung has engraved SS Markings. Are they pretty? Absolutely not. This bayonet was procurred by Mr. Marino (who had a tremendous SS collection)35 to 40 years ago. If you were a collector back then, I would almost guarantee that you did not see reproduction SS Combat Bayonets. There was no incentitive. Please see Fred Marut's letter again. The West Coast has always been ahead of the wave for Collecting WW11 German items and you didn't see fake SS Combat bayonets 35 to 40 years ago out there. As a fact, how many of you members have ever seen bayonets with the same exact markings and placements of them as I have posted? Please let me know?

Let us focus on obtainng answers to a multitude of new things that I have brought forward to the bayonet collecting society.

Richard K