Andy & Forum,

Thank you for your opinions on the Clemen & Jung. However; I went into my showcase and pulled out the SS ZZ A2 & A4 which are both WA and maker marked. The SS ZZ A2 & A4 stamp are perfect & beautiful to look at. Why would the SS mark these 2 bayonets during the latter years of the war? It comes down to the fact that we do not know why the SS did property mark their bayonets. But they did and these pieces exist today as proof. In this thread it is hoped that we can come up with some technical answers & solutions instead of just throwing stones at a target each time I post a bayonet picture.
I just pulled out several other bayonets for comparison.

1. 1938 Elite Diamant, SN8677, WA 218, with SS Property Stamp Lazy S over TK.

2. ACS With Scales Logo, SN 9124 on the Rear Crossguard, SS Property Stamp, and Marked: 9th SS TK Standarte (NORD then Thule), Police Star on Spine with letter L. Frog is also 9th TK Marked. This bayonet came from Norway along with several other SS pieces.

We need to focus on obtaining explanations and opinions on why the bayonets are SS Property Stamped and why some have accountablity numbers and why WA issued bayonets with late dates are SS Property Stamped / engraved.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Richard K