Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
Forum & Andy,

The Clemen & Jung SS Bayonet came from the Marino Collection in Gettysburgh, PA.

The TK & Serial number were definitely engraved. To call this a joke reflects upon the person's knowledge of the subject matter at hand. This bayonet was not reworked. It was no doubt salvaged from the battlefield. But when? The Property Stamp and Number could have been done by the field armorer. Those marks were put in a very specific place which in most cases a person making reproductions / fakes would not even concern themselves about .......... The Marino Bayonet dates back to the late 60s early 70s.

richard K

Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
Andy,

.......... I did not say that the Clemen & Jung was marked by a KZ guard. I stated that the item in my opinion was a battlefield pick up that was claimed by the SS and so marked in the field by the armorer who would have the company records.

Richard K

Richard,

First, my thanks for the clarification of the bayonets in the picture I reposted. As regards engraved markings in general. What kind of equipment would the SS armorers have needed to do the engraving in the field?

Regards, FP