I have copies of some certificates from other members,same i have friends with SS papers and soldbuchs, same as You could look to the book Kriegsmodell from B.Karem and M.Steves and chapter 10, named Capture papers and ship home boxes, very interesting reading, there is a many certificates as US personnel didnt understand the specification of german equipment, they would not bring exact info, so there are similar desctiption:
1 german rifle, 1 german knife with scabbard, by edged weapons no details, max a number, the best described are short firearms, one certificate is for Pistol M,sn 942xxx which is probably HSc from the serial number. But from this is no possible identified a bayonet nr.467 was SS.
Do You could confirm that the collection of Your certificate was same from 1945 to 2000? have You got the 2 unknown daggers and some german medals with this bayonet?
For me not exact info for identifing a weapon.
Back to Clemen&Jung 39, as mentioned earlier the piece was a army contract. Thats the point. Is no reworked how could get it a SS KZ Guard repair fieldwork? When it was stamped there the DH and SS-1534? In war? the DH is similar to a SG84/98 WW1 of Haenckel, You believe on Haenckel it was stamped 1943? Here was very interesting what mentioned FP n his answer , have the Clemen twice DH? one on crossguard and other on pommel?
There should be exact timelines for using some of the DH stamps, i believe that exist real pieces, i assume that You have some , but i believe that You already got some problematic pieces too. best regards,Andy
PS to the Marino collection, i dont know about but the earliest SS fakes occured already 5 to 10 years after war, same as there is confirmed production of dagger postwar for US GIs as bringbacks, similar items are not real collectibles as it were not produced in III Reich period.
To Fred, i dont believe collectors could remember so exactly one thing that happened in 1970 so 40 years ago, and say yes there was a DH on pommel, Fred mentioned the piece but didnt mentione the DH, it was described later by the owner, so the piece was buyed for 20 USD and what was the price later 800USD because of one DH on pommel? Sorry thats the reason why they make fakes. Make a profit.

Last edited by AndyB; 11/24/2010 08:06 PM.