Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
Joe,
The TK /Runes/Accountability Number on the pistol signifies property of the SS with the SS accountability number. This a point that I was trying to make earlier. Eventhough there serial numbers from the manufacturer, the SS added there own property stamp and number. ...........Joe,the holster that you posted, is that from a Reichs Revolver? If so, that style of pistol was suppose to be among the first sidearms used in the KZs............. The style of skull and size is correct but I would have to make a direct comparisson with my own items.Richard Kuchta

Richard, I am not sure to which part of the SS you are referring with your first statement. It is obvious from the discovery of tens of dozens of RSHA inventory weapon inventory cards that at least that significant section of the SS that included the Gestapo, Kripo and SD,did not utilize an "SS accountability number". The only number of reference for their property control was the manufacturer's serial number that was required on both parts of the pistol (frame and slide) and magazines. That is fact.

The holster is a post-war flare pistol holster manufactured after 1945 to which a TK marking has been applied.

I saw your E/B marked bayonets. I believe that weapons bearing this acceptance stamp are bought and paid for by the Ordnungspolizei using funds provided in the annual budget of the Ministry of the Interior remain the property of the Ordnungspolizei and would not be disposed of without removal of that inspection/property mark. There were strict procedures for handling weapons when the owner was temporarily assigned to another administration from the original home base or when he was transfered. The weapons stayed on the books of the dispersing home base. It could go temporarily with one to another unit, but if the transfer was premanent, the weapon had to be returned to home base. That is fact. So I don't know how you can explain the existence of SS-TK markings (whatever they may signify)on the property of the Ordnungspolizei. I do not believe a simple asterisk would indicate any acceptance mark. The aserisk/subburst K or L was used by the Prussian police up through 1935/36 when it was replaced the the national police insignias based on the eagle and letter.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557