Joe,

The TK /Runes/Accountability Number on the pistol signifies property of the SS with the SS accountability number. This a point that I was trying to make earlier. Eventhough there serial numbers from the manufacturer, the SS added there own property stamp and number. For an example, I showed the pistol along with 2 bayonets. One bayonet had serial numbers and the other did not. The SS added there property stamp and number. This type of property control is seen quite readily through the SS VT period. Much less in the Waffen SS.

As for the TK on the leather being original, I have over 80 SS frogs with different style TKs. I have over 15 TK marked Combat Belts, TK marked Rifle slings,over 20 TK marked ammo pouches, as well as several Luger holsters and 1 flashlight carrier. I have a very in depth number from which I can make comparisons.

Joe,the holster that you posted, is that from a Reichs Revolver? If so, that style of pistol was suppose to be among the first sidearms used in the KZs. Ihave seen several such guns and holsters in collections. The extremely large skull is appropriate for the gun if it is a Reichs Revolver. The style of skull and size is correct but I would have to make a direct comparisson with my own items.

Richard Kuchta