Joe,

I have no official documentation concerning SS Police bayonets. In fact I know of no official documentation that has been found to date that pertains to SS VT Bayonets, SS TV Bayonets, and Waffen SS Baynets. If there was such information available it would have made years of research much more easy and productive.

I have been able to accumulate an SS Bayonet Population of over 120 Bayonets. I have been able to group and compare. I have been able to break out the SS VT Bayonets from the SS TV Bayonets as well as the Waffen SS Bayonets. In addition there is also the SS Foreign Bayonets and Standard SS Dress Bayonets. I have broke down the major groups into sub-groups. You can see similiar charasterics in these groupings of SS Bayonets. However; there is still alot to go to understand the coding. I have cracked the major part of the coding for the SS TV Bayonets. For this the combat belts, pouches, bread bags and canteens were all required. This analysis was predicated upon evaluating a complete known rig.

Richard Kuchta