Richard, I asked you and the others if you had in your archive or viewed source material (documentation in the form of manuals, national archive prints or original communications from the 1930s/1940s) that deal with the issue of bayonets used by the Allegemeine SS, VT/WSS or TV. I am curious if any documentation has been discovered to associate with the pictorial documentation we see in this thread. I have seen an inventory from 1935 from an Allegemein supervisory unit listing weapons and equipment in unit possession.

Did the articles you read about bayonet procurement for officers provide any documentary sources for their statements, or was it pure theory? I ask these question as I have always tried to find source answers for questions of police issue weapons and equipment. I have found documented reports showing the increase in police bayonet production in the first year of the war, that I mentioned in my police sidearm article I wrote long ago for Johnson's Vol IV. And their are of course the numerous police weapon manuals dealing with bayonets. I was interested if anyone has pursued a similar course in the SS field.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557