Originally Posted By: AndyB
Here was mentioned some people who brought bayonets to Your collection, it would be nice to hear John J. or Fred M. they info about the bayonets, certainly Richard is Your good will to make a book about Your SS bayonet collection, as here a forum is and You asked for other collectors opinion, "or i am mistake on this"so certainly i have right to offer my opinion.
To Your mentioned SS piece: Hoerster 1938 was made for army as there is WaA253, thats a fact, so when the DH is real it must be realised by rework, so when You have a evidence of reworking of the piece, like other stamp on grips, on tang or on blade finish like new blueing, thats no problem to believe its a SS TKV piece. As the DH is stamped, because i dont believe that the rotary engraved DH are real. But i dont like the different stamp where the SS2 is by side and stamped independetly.
As You are member of BCN when i am correct, You could ask the old collectors for confirmation.
Scott B is one of the best experts on DH on rifles, he has when i am correct more as 50 DH stamped rifles and will prepare book about it.There was a large discussion on Gunboard. He dont talk about bayonets. But the DH i assume are same stamps or in same works stamped as the rifles??
I tell You a story about week ago from Prague show, i am a number freek so i make me a dbase about Vz.24 bayonets, previous show on spring 2010 i examined a nice export scabbard for south america with a standard Vz.24 export to Romania, i observed the piece and make me notes about the stamps and serial numbers. Now in autumn i went to the dealer and asked for the piece, the piece was on table but the pommel was marked with stamped LW ZA6 proof. The price was highed about only 10% but it was declared as a LW marked capture piece. so this is the real situation on this job, the fakers are still working.best regards,Andy

FP & Andy,

One thing that must be determined on the Horster and Clemen & Jung was when the SS Marks were applied to the bayonets. Were these bayonets salvaged from the field and reissued by the SS?

A similar marked bayonet from the John Milton Collection is on a 27 dated WuK. Tiny runes are to the right side of rhe TK with accountability #191.

As I was going through my bayonets yesterday, I came across the fifth SS Police bayonet. It ia a EAGLE B by P. WEYERSBERG, serial #8192 with SS Marking. Joe & FP do you want to see it?

I would still like to list all of the types and models of Bayonets used by the SS.

Richard Kuchta