FP,
The 1939 CLEMEN & JUNG SS Bayonet was brought up due to the fact that Bayonets as such with SS Markings were fake as per Andy. Andy's Opinion.

I do not know if you know Fred Marut or not. He is a very knowledgable bayonet collector, BCN Member and gentleman. The point that I was making with Andy that when the SS Horster Bayonet was purchased in the 1970s at the Great Western Show by Fred's friend from a young man, there was no premium paid price for the bayonet. Why fake something and sell it for the same price as a standard combat bayonet. Makes absolutely no sense. Have you ever seen this type of SS marked bayonet out there? Usually a person faking an item will make more than one.I do have several other similiar marked bayonets one of which came from a BCN Member in Ohio.

The Forums on GDC are set up to provide a learning process. However, when something is not understood and is looked at subjectively the learning process stops. Opinions should be listed as opinions not stated as facts.

I also mentioned the 43 dated SS ZZ A2 and SS ZZ A4 Bayonets. I think that they are the only survivors. I have never seen another in any of the SS Rifle and weapon's collections. Truly Waffen SS Bayonets that need to be researched.

I have chosen to share information and pictures from my SS Bayonet collection with you. Some of the items in my collection are extremely rare and have been buried in advanced collections longer than most of us have been collecting.What do I get out of sharing information and pictures with our members? I get the Satisfaction of knowing that I am promoting and contributing to the knowledge of our segment of the WW11 German Dagger Collecting field, "Bayonets". Isn't this what GDC is all about. I am not a dealer. I am a historian and researcher. I have never sold one SS Bayonet. Collector's from all over the world have offered and sold SS Bayonets to me. John Jacobi has found numerous SS Bayonets for me. My major objective is to do a factual book on the Bayonets of the SS. This project is long overdue. For those of you who do not believe that legitimate SS bayonets exist, you do not have to bother yourself participating in this thread. Expressing an opinion is acceptable. Expressing an opinion as a fact without documentation tends to hinder the learning process.

Richard Kuchta