Certainly You shouldnt trust me without any facts, but i have a good experience about the SG84/98 bayonets, so i have a evidence of a similar Hoerster marked with Wffm, which is for Waffenmeister also for a repair, this is a 1938 piece marked correctly WaA253. These pieces are very hard to find as each larger army unit became a only small number of not serialed bayonets for repair.
I everytime goes from facts of SS timeline, this is very important, the prewar period is very problematic and the arms were obtained not through Army connection, so it should be not marked with WaA stamps. Thats the reason why are the Gew.98 reworks stamped with commerzially fireproofs not with army proof and WaA.Since the late 1939 early 1940 as the SS units grew to larger units from regiments to Divisions it was used primary the captured material, and commerzial basis by obtaining equipment woulnt enough so Army WaA proofed items were used. The SS was a elite unit and could be not accept similar 25 variations of DH stamp.When You believe this You could understand german manner. There exist SSZZA proofs that are real for the later period for buying commerzial items, but normally it was on same way obtained by Army. The WaA system was equiped with 25000 inspectors through the Germany and other countries.
I saw fysically about 3 real DH piece and have evidence of more but this is not important. The SS grew to end of war to near 1 Million army so when every rifle used by SS would be stamped so it must be every 7th rifle K98k in today market with this stamps.And this is not. Why? because they used army proofed rifles in majority.
The Mike Welser is great man, unfortunally many of the information there is obsolete. the best sample are the S code bayonet markings.
When You confirm its a rework of TKV in war then its real scenario, other way is for me a faked piece.

Last edited by AndyB; 11/20/2010 08:27 PM.