Gentleman: I’ve got a very busy day ahead, and I’m on my way out, so this will be brief. Richard (correctly) mentioned “copy cats” making duplicates of what they see in books. I’m not saying this here, but offering that comment as a general observation only, because with the level of detail in the pictures I’ve seen so far I can’t exactly say what is going on.

What I can say is that Mike stated that the piece he was describing had a blank (quote: “unmarked”) scabbard. Whereas this one has a maker’s name. And the Sigrunes do look like they might have been done separately (?).

As for the “Boxed SS” markings, what there seemed to be agreement on was that was it was not a personal “hallmark”. That it had been called in a period German Police publication a “Culture” mark with Joe Wotka posting some very interesting information. Also being described somewhat differently elsewhere. And that sometimes you see it, and sometimes you don’t on both SS an Police swords. Which is all I have time for at the moment and I have to leave.............. FP