Andy,

Your opinions of the Horster Bayonet are your opinions not fact only your opinions.

The history of this bayonet goes back to the 1970s when it was brought into the Great Western gun Show along with another bayonet by a young man. The Bayonet was shown to BCN member Fred Marut who looked it over very well. The bayonet was purchased by Fred Maruy's friend who kept it for awhile and then sold it to another BCN member from whom I purchased it.

You say that you don't like the SS markings, based on what? I have several other bayonets marked the same way and with the addition of serial numbers. One of which came from a BCN member in Ohio with a very old rifle collection. As for the TK being stamped. Hello!! The TKs were stamped as well as engraved. The 1938 dated Horster is indeed unique. This bayonet is what one would expect an officer purchased bayonet to be. As for the SS markings not being correct for a bayonet, I ask you again how many SS bayonets have you seen and handled? The TK is a double stamp which often happens.
If this particular bayonet was faked, what was the reason? To increase the value?? When this bayonet was initially purchased, by the friend of Fred Marut it was procurred at the going price of an ordinary bayonet.??!! How many other bayonets have you ever seen like this? Would the faker only make one????
As for dated and manufacturer's marked SS bayonets they exist. They are in collections and I am very glad to own several.

Andy I respect your opinions but they are just that. Opinions!

If the SS marked the majority of their rifles and equipment, why would they not mark their bayonets? The bayonets are marked with the same type of stamps and or engraving used on rifles.

Richard K