Denny,

Well done, an excellent topic as typified by all the responses on the white frog thread.

So Rich has the Heinz Brenner piece? I remember seeing it on Ron Diestlehorst's site many moons ago & initially was skeptical because in those days I was always skeptical of any bayonet purporting to be associated with the SS. This one, however seems to have much more going for it. Especially in that it's not overembellished with swazs & runes all over.

I think the next time I saw it was in Wayne Techet's book where it had a multi-page writeup. Overall the quality just seems to be there in the etch. Not double etched but triple etched which is always a nice thing to see. I've been told there are some bogus triple etched pieces out there but this one looks to be very well done. And thanks to Wayne, we know the vine & leaf motif was done by Holler for Horster & WKC so there is consistency & an tangible connection between the manufacturer of the bayonet & the maker of the etch template.

Another nice thing about this piece is the fact it has some research potential. A gift from a proud father to his son, a special sentiment indeed. Thanks for sharing.

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310