Joe, Sorry, but it may have to wait until Terry or maybe John takes a look. When I became the moderator of another GDC forum in the �way back� I found that my MAC software did not work with the GDC software.

Originally Posted By: [email protected]
FP,

I have started and stopped my book several times on SS bayonets. When I thought I had all of the variations new bayonets and information wouls surface from other collectors. I have a very good cross section of SS bayonets in my collection which now numbers over 120 bayonets. John Jacobi has been extremely helpful finding SS bayonets and collectors for me. The SS TK bayonets are what I am now working on. I have collected numerous bayonets from 11 different standarts.

As for the SS VZ-24 bayonets, they are also marked on the crossguards not only in the grips.

Richard Kuchta

Richard,
Offhand, I don�t remember anything in our conversations about collecting the individual SS-Totenkopf Standarten. And now you are up to 11 different regimentally TK marked bayonets. That�s quite an accomplishment. As for John Jacobi, he is well known and respected in the collecting community as a collector and the founder of the BCN.

But even he I think, would have to admit that AndyB is very knowledgeable. And the �go to� guy when it comes to quite a bit of the facts/data surrounding German bayonets. And being home based in Slovakia, which is where a number of the Vz 24 bayonets were actually made, I think provides a good �local� perspective from Europe. And as I think we discussed much earlier. While I�ve traveled back and forth in the U.S. attending shows in other states, I�m really more of �West Coast� guy. And that I�ve never seen at first hand some of what you were describing. In spite of the fact that the West Coast at one time was home to a show that brought in dealers/collectors from not just all over the United States. But Germany, England, Japan, and a lot of other countries.

But now that you have made mention of it: �As for the SS VZ-24 bayonets, they are also marked on the crossguards not only in the grips.� Perhaps you could share if the Vz 24 markings are exactly the same as those on the WKC bayonets? Or are they applied differently? Hopefully with some sort of specificity, so that a new collector would know what he was looking at if he happened to encounter one.
FP