Originally Posted By: jim m
John: Inre. to your fire bayonet:
I think we are all well aware that the principal motiviation of most fakers in to make money. With that in mind lets examine your bayonet:
First off I seriously doubt that the typical faker would select a fire bayonet as the starting point since they are at the bottom rung of desirability on the collecting ladder.
Jim

Jim, I will have to say IMO that from a fakers point of view it's the 'net' amount invested that will realize the largest percentage of profit. So if taken from that perspective a $100 Fire bayo - triple engraved- with a pommel etch that doesn't seem to be centered properly-, may attract the largest % of profit.
At first this bayo seems like a 'Wow' piece to a etch novice like me but now taking a closer look at John's bayo my eyes go right to the squared off panels. Never seen that on a Klaas product. The design true is eloborate but there seems to be as Paul hints some items that perhaps may cause some unease for that 'good nights sleep'.
Just what I see but this is not my forte, so until Wayne, Frederick or some of our long known etch experts chime in -

Truly interesting for me also to learn from this.
Hope it turns out OK for John. wink

-serge-