Don & Mikee,

You're right on both counts, the lion belongs in the crest of Styria and Gary's was the first Räude Jäger badge I ever saw ..
as you said, somewhere here on the forums?

Been home a while with a contagious, viral pneumonia, so I've had some spare time to shoot and post these last few sets of photos, heh.. Gary and I both enjoy sharing our collections and experiences with our forum members and thank God for all you knowledgeable, die-hard participants out there who take time to add or at least make a simple comment.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth going on about dead forums and such .. come on fellas, quit the bitching and add something interesting - photos, questions, answers, opinions, anything ... damn, I guess I'm preaching to the choir on this thread so I'll cut it short. There have been several good posts through the various forums, especially since everyone's back from the MAX just recently, so what's the deal? fini.
I'm hopping down off my soapbox now, give me a second, ja?

Sorry once again these aren't really organizational pins or badges, but just to keep in swing with the hunting, forestry and shooting tempo. A pair of nice bronze plaquettes dating back to 1907 and 1929. The cased piece was a momento from the "4th International Hunting, Shooting and Fishing Exhibit,"
titled "Grüne Woche Berlin," or "Green Week." The bronze and original case are in mint condition and was made by C.Poellath
of Schrobenhausen. The second photo shows an early bronze piece from a hunting and trophy rack exhibit in the city of Troppau, part of the Sudetenland after the First World War.
No mark on this fair-sized plaquette/medallion but also a fine specimen.

Best!

Bill

The Styrian lion first ... hope we can see this little bugger

103px-Wappen_Gemeinde_Steyr_svg.png (16.18 KB, 224 downloads)