This thread is turning into a farce � and all because Craig thinks he can make demeaning comments about established collectors, just to imply that his own knowledge is superior. Well, I do have to comment that both Gaspare and Tobau �hit the nail on the head�.

Gaspare�s quote is: �I agree, money and quantity don't mean a thing when it comes to expertise, only a fool [will] believe that.........� (my parenthesis). Well that statement is absolutely correct � so Craig can you please explain to us - when did your handling of volume products that were being offered for sale, equate to becoming evidence of YOUR great knowledge and wisdom? I do not quite recall when your metamorphose from being an ambitious dealer (hungry for a buck at any cost) allowed you to turn into being an absolute authority on fakes � perhaps you can reveal the timing and occasion of this miraculous event to us? Maybe you were in French religious city of Lourdes at the time?

As for your comments about Jim.M not having �experience� with certain daggers � well Tobau summed it up when he asked: How you could be sure that all your SS Honour Daggers were authentic? That is a very good comment, especially so considering your track record for handling some questionable pieces that you claim to be authentic (I can provide examples if you like. I will be only too pleased to go �public� with this information � just ask and it will be done).

So, let�s look at another point here. Jim.M revealed that he had seen some SS Honour pieces, which he considered were reproduction, but which were so good that he considered it disturbing and troubling. You immediately responded with the comment that it was relatively easy to identify such things with your knowledge. In fact you stated: "It takes me about 1 second to know whether or not the dagger in question is real or not. They are VERY easy to evaluate, and you yourself could do it after about 10 minutes of instruction".

Well, that is absolutely astonishing Craig, not least because you haven�t even seen the pieces to which Jim is referring. So how do you know that you can determine (within 1 second) with absolute assurance that what Jim has seen is wrong? You have had some dubious items on your site now for more than a year � visible to all who study this subject of fakes - and yet you still haven�t worked out why they have not sold? Nevertheless you proceed to claim your absolute authority to identify fakes just from the words in an e-mail to a dagger site? I am sorry, Craig, but if you are now claiming that you have psychic powers to identify any fake on earth expressed purely from the words in an e-mail ���. then I will have to admit, I am a little bit sceptical. And also that I regard that your treatment of Jim.M was pretty disgraceful.

There is a recurring feature here, and it is worth pointing out for the benefit of all who are reading this thread. Jim.M encountered some piece(s) which he identified as being fraudulent � and seemingly convincingly so - enough to deceive a �new or less experienced� collector. Craig�s response to all this is that HE can identify such deviances within one second. Very impressive, I must say so����.I personally cannot claim such skill � but then I am no longer young enough to know everything! But come along Craig, let us put it to the test���.
How is it than when some people identify fraudulent distinctions, that you dismiss them as being irrelevant and plainly obvious to the more knowledgeable researchers (i.e. yourself); yet when you produce something in this vein which is curiously questionable because of its� unique and distinctively questionable features, you no longer regard it as �questionable� � suddenly it becomes another �VARIATION� in your esteem - You seem think that you can write history Craig. Sorry, but you cannot!

When you are wrong � then you are WRONG! No amount of mid-west b***s*** can ever change that!

Frederick J. Stephens