Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. One reason I've been able to acquire such pieces is the relative lack of knowledge & of course, the relative lack of interest in them. Probably more a lack of interest. Look at them all, not a swaz in the bunch. Most are Imperial or Weimar which always garners less interest than a 3R era piece, swazs notwithstanding. I've been lucky, some friends know I like these pieces & have emailed me when one has popped up. Others were for sale on Eban, others still from dealers although you will always pay through the nose with a dealer.

Another good thing about Fire Official's daggers, there really isn't the reproduction issue with them. True Eickhorn made them legitimately until the late 1960s or thereabouts but vetting a post 1945 piece from a pre 1945 piece isn't that difficult. And of course it's about being in the right place at the right time. I've been skunked many times being a day late looking into something or jst bidding too low on Eban.

It's also knowing what to buy & what not to. I also passed up a super beautiful ivory presented fire axe that was offered to me at a wholesale price by a very reputable dealer. I just didn't want it at the time. Boy am I kicking myself on that one to this day!

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310