Originally Posted By: jim m
Quote:

Many of us strongly suspect what's been transpiring in the TK ring arena for the past few years hence the recent plethora of "mint" condition rings.
Jim

Jim, as we now know that today it's not just the 'mint' TK Rings we are dealing with but with the Czech 'Grond-Dug Fakes' the Polish 'ground-Dug fakes' The Russian Grounders, the latvian Grounders. Then there is the Japanese Super-fakes. One can see the improvement of the High-End fakes. Now adding most flaws. But you know what??? They still can't get it right. OH, and lets not forget the Ring boxes. My- haven't we seen a lot of those lately also.

SS Honor Degen's however are harder to fake due to the police grip insignia wings cutouts can be distinguished on an attemped SS grip runes conversion. Unless of course they find a real SS grip - good Luck.
So I think there are more SSTK's now than ever if one wants to buy one. But what is one going to get?
Just go to A. or D. and get some piece of mind on a SSTK - Way too much controversy with others- and even for myself a SSTK novice, you put those recent 'woodworkers' under a strong lupe and say "Hey What happened to the Septum in this ones nose?" When a guy like me has questions that there no apparent answers but 'gobbly-gook', well that Spidey Sense starts tingling and I leap away from that 15-20K Mint SSTK just Vet Fresh find. - No problem.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel better with something that has a grip to it anyway. grin

-serge-