Dean,

Had to go back and review the previous page again, really great
stuff worked out here! Some are in the illustrative styles of Howard Pyle and N.C. Wyeth, but with heavy European influence and overtones.

If I had to choose just one of those images as being most dramatic or influential to me, it would have to be the engaving/pen & ink of the arms cleaning the sword. I found myself really "sucked into" that powerhouse! No words needed to further enhance the message ...

Your latest theme, Amazone, is a favorite of mine. A fabulous giant race of women warriors, said to have come from the Baltic coast, North Africa and/or the Amazon jungle regions.
Anyway you slice it these ladies would make short-work of us, fellas, heh ... grin

There are so many images of these warriors that have been rendered through the ages, many of them beyond compare. I've seen your image Dean, done in variety of sculpted materials, with the big-cat biting the piss out of the poor horse! Then there are those with just the woman and the horse, with and without spear, and there are some great ones in that category, too. There are literally countless other variations on this interesting theme.

One thing I'd say about any of the variations is that for me it should be full of life and energy - power if you will. Somehow the strength of both the warrior and her animal should be conveyed to the viewer, naturally, if that's the version one's looking at.

My addition is of noted sculptor Theodor Kaerner's interpretation. In this variation the fury is wielding a tidy short-sword in her right hand, though, not in this photo. My point being that any of the impressions should be refreshing to look at from almost any angle.

Another first-class card good sir, many thanks.

Best!

Bill

amazone3sm2.jpg (51.63 KB, 204 downloads)