Originally Posted By: Swordfish
The market is really funny right now, that said, there are clearly green shoots. From what i've seen, the worst if behind us. I seldom sell so I cannot comment to that regard since I have no lithmus test as a standard.

In the last 18 months, I have bought some incredible pieces. Very scarce pattern Heer sabers in literally mint condition, all for between $325-$400. 3 to 4 years ago, I would have ended up paying $525-$625 for them. If a collector doesn't need t sell, than don't. It's still a buyers market, but again, green shoots. I did recently sell a 2nd pattern Army pith, which was in very good condition for $275, which equated to about a $125 profit for me. WAF is probably the best place to list items right now. It reaches a much larger market, a global market at that. I recently bought a really nice Type 44 "Marine Landing Officer" imperial Japanese gunto, and paid about $750...below retail, but not rock bottom either. For me it was worth it.

Things are picking up, it's just a matter or reaching the right audience. Again, my personal feeling is to list your items on WAF if you really want to increase your chances of a sale. It's all about the larger global market (it's also riskier with shipping but I demand insurance, etc.).

Gunbroker is funny. Sometimes you can score great deals, other times the seller is from Mars. I've watched guys list crumby conditioned Army NCO sabers for $750...and it's been up a year and the guy can't figure out why nobody is buying it. Before he gets frustrated, he needs to look in the mirror. Ebay as well. There are still some decent hits every now and then, more often than not because the seller did not use very good listig strategy. It's a matter of sifting through the search criteria and finding the pieces.

Just my 2 pesos.

what is WAF/ sorry for the ignorance.