I am still collecting, I just collect fire arms now. For the same price, one can buy much greater value comparing to the daggers of course. We are lucky to live in US, where one still can fairly easily obtain a permit to buy WWII guns, and rifles. Hopefully, it will continue to be so. As for Eastern European buyers, there are a lot more collectors there than here. We, generation of 70s or 60s, when we were kids were amazed by WWII staff and we all played "Germans" against "Russians" war games. Now, these people are holding key position there and have a lot a lot of cash. An average person cannot afford the good staff, but a person with money, does not care how much it cost. I was there on many occasions in resent history, and it is crazy how much money some people have to spend. They spend more than those rich Arabs in oil rich Middle Eastern Countries, and they "Russians" are interested in WWII staff, unlike Chinese or Middle Easterns. I think due to internet and due to easy shipping to Eastern Europe, the prices for the daggers were greately overinflated. It was a bubble of some sort. Now they are cooled down, but one can still get a good deal overseas of course.