Originally Posted By: F.Smuts
If it wasn't for people like Fred Prinz, RedBaron, Krullies etc than I think I would have left the hobby a long time ago. Not trying to single people out but the above mentioned have been great helps in the past.

Hey, HI François

I'm, WOW ... well, honoured? To see ME listed there ... Next to Fred?

Is that a typo? Anyway, no, THANK YOU, so much! But, ofcourse, Im GLAD to be of help? But Im new'ish like you.

I discussed books once, on another forum, with someone who's name I see here? But we lost track I guess ... books are great? But, like school, when you go OUT, the world is NOT like in books! Books give a great startingpoint, if used in the right way, and so NOT as absolute truth? I mean, you need some basics, like terminologies, and names, and types, and shapes, forms, sizes + whatnot. But ALSO, you NEED friendlies! People that help.

I came with NOTHING, but a few things, with swastikas? I mean, WTF iz THAT? I came for info, 'cause I wanted to sell, what I need old nazi warcr*p for anyway? So, no antiquesshop gave any substantial money, so, I figured, use internet to find out WHAT the hell it was? And, wow, many people collecting this stuff??? Wasnt hard to find WAF. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Anyway, people were sorta helpful, up to a point, and I guess my configuration only helps negatively. BUT, some VERY VERY awesome people out there, helped me on the way. Not only, to give info point blank, but also, to point to were to look? Or HOW to look? I could name a few names, that TRULY helped SO MUCH, and that are SUCH great people, but Id be a namedropper, and I dont wanna be.

So, YES, books, thumbs up to those! But also, to those helping people n00bz, like me, who have no clue. Now, I know, girls think differently, and maybe slower on the pick up of things + stuff? And if were not, then, who da hell do we silly women think we are anyway, this is a manly mens domain, right?

So, even more, Im grateful to all those that inspired me to tag along. Along the way, theres GREAT fun in this! Also great grief, if youre careless, but thats something totally different. Oh, and ALSO, you need to know when to not stick yer nose into something *LOL* Theres a LOT of headbashing going on, not always below surface even. Im not understanding any of that. But, maybe, I will, some day, still, not intending to grow up, as I want FUN with this, so, possibly never. Oh, ofcourse, we girls chitterchat much, too *LOL* Some of us, some days, anyway

Lets have fun François, keep the good, loose the bad
Karin-Renate

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.