The SS M236 Roehm came from a motel buy in Paduca, KY, along with an SS M33 Herder ground roehm with a serial number on the blade: 21724 and either there were two family members with SS Daggers or this officer had two. The vet found them together in a suit wardrobe. I will show the M33 later as we missed it with the photos.
The Himmler came from a 2nd ID veteran in Astoria, Il, from a barracks in Nuremburg. I met him at an auction where I bought a M98/05 police bayonet and he said he had a Himmler Dagger at home. I thought he was BSing me, but no, he was telling the truth. With 11 children, he would rather sell it than try to divide up the souviners, so I got to buy it all. Interestingly, when I first went to his house, he pulled out a FAKE Himmler and tried to sell it to me first. I immediately told him it was bad and then he put this one in my hands. he had told me before my visit I would have to show him a book with prices. I took Tom Johnson's Vol I (still in the srink wrap-after vol. 5 was out) and unwrapped it and showed him the Himmler and the price list. He was satisfied and I bought the dagger and the rest. Then he made me buy the FAKE Himmler for what he paid for it-$25.00 to finish the deal off.
The middle M33 comes from Davenport, IA, and the number is traceable to an Allmoslechner who was a supply officer at Dachau in the concentration camp system. With his file, I saw that he had two children with his son still living in the man's hometown. An unusual name with no others living I Germany, so I mailed a photo of the dagger and a brief letter requesting a wartime photo in uniform and any other items that they would like to sell. No response.

MAX CHARTER MEMBER

LIFE MEMBER OVMS