Hi all,

Im silently trying to understand all opinions + knowledge in this thread, which is QUITE a lot actually, if you go below the easy-looking surface? I remember that a part of this discussion appeared on another forum where I tried to understand it, the process on how plated crossguards corrode? I think I was even helped with understanding that better by someone taking a big part in the talks here. If I may, for my simple understanding, can I ask a few questions? I hope Im not WAY out of line ...

Regarding the Gruppemark/Gau-stamp, part 1;
how'd they remove the Gau-stamp from recycled R�hmdaggerparts? If they ever did that? Sometimes the stamps are rather deep? Not always ofcourse but it would take a total reshape/rework of the lower guard. Wouldnt that just leave ugly too thin too small too shallow uneven dented unattractive parts to work with? Wouldnt upper guards need an adjustmenttreatment to get them matched with the lipo'ed + botoxed lower guard too? And wouldnt it be WAY too labor-intense? I dont know about metalworks, how easy these guards are reworked? Or how easily grips can be matched to crossguards that are off-shape/uneven/thin on the outside? I guess, they could? But, even so, IF the metal was SO scarse, then, why not recycle the metal for war-use, instead of using the guard again?

Regarding the Gruppemark/Gau-stamp, part 2;
someone speaks of a poll? And, YES, that WOULD be interesting Just to see actually WHICH Gruppemarks are used on the type of daggers in question? I wouldnt know much about SS cutlery, so, I wont say anything on that type-dept. But, I read that Gruppe "Sa" is seen much, and a dagger for sale @ Johnson Reference Books as posted in here has "Nm"? What other stamps are there? Or, what maker marks do those crossguards have on the inside, even? Maybe THAT result helps to understand better why/how/where it happened? I wouldnt know how, but, you guys would perhaps? Anyway, just wondering.

Back to reading,
Karin-Renate

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.