Hello again all,
Hopefully this is the correct forum for my query. If not please remove. My question is regarding these steins.
I am going thru my stuff trying to see what I have, what I want and what I may want to get rid and I have a few steins that I would like to get info and perhaps value of if possible. They are not military in nature so I hope putting them in this section is okay. I imagine these are post war steins, but I don't collect them really and have no idea really. The larger of the two steins shown is about 10 1/2 inches in height,blue coloring on it and has the words "Auf der Alm Da Gibt's Koa Sund". The pewter top is slightly mishappen(very slightly), with a small separation at the handle.
The second stein is green in color, about 7 1/2 inches high and say's "Ein Trunk in Ehren wer will's verwehren" I tried getting a translation of the larger stein but it made no sense at all to me. The smaller one I get a translation along the lines of "A drunkeness in honor of who would refuse" In any case any info on when these were made, value or anything else you can say about them would be appreciated. The last picture shows the markings on the bottom of the larger stein. The smaller stein just has the word germany on it.
thanks again for any help
Duzig(Bill)

steins (2).JPG (58.74 KB, 66 downloads)
steins (16).JPG (34.95 KB, 66 downloads)
steins (14).JPG (23.39 KB, 66 downloads)
Last edited by Duzig; 07/14/2010 12:41 AM.