Originally Posted By: F.Smuts
...I am sure that on different continents different rarities would exist between different makers. Maybe in the USA Torleys might be more common than in Europe confused

Hi Fran�ois,

Thats an angle I never really thought of? I guess, the rarity goes for the world, with the internet + all, the market is all of us collectors? But, maybe not!

BUT, I recall a discussion, that has all different marks of Eickhorn as subject. And, there can be a subdivision for rarity for makers! Like, if Eickhorn uses 6 or 7 different marks, maybe the maker is a 1, with over 50000 daggers made? Some Eickhorn with a mark only used for 500 or so daggers could make THOSE daggers a higher number?

Now, I dunno, I've been talking about HACO somewhere, and learned a bit about this maker. Well, not maker, but distributor, better said! So, every dagger got numbered? THAT is SPECIAL! So, even if HACO is only 5, I can understand that these things cost so much? Maybe HACO can be subdivided too? But, we'd need to find out their makers/suppliers then though, I guess

Anyway, to be short, perhaps 1 general rarity for a maker, has subrarities too? And, ofcourse, your idea, I'd like to know about THAT too ... But, somehow, I don't think an Eickhorn would get a different number over here in Europe from the number it gets in the States? Or Australia? Or your Africa ofcourse

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.