Hi all,

I tried to look for KDF tinnies + things here, but couldn't find any. Y'all probably have tons of these! I have 2 to show, + 1 question about 1 of these ...

1 day I hope to find a gorgeous Betreuerinnen Abzeichen for the Kraft Durch Freude organisation, but the tinnies are NOT to be taken lightly either. I love the colors some of these ahve, they look AB-SO-LUT-TLY smashing! I had a WAY nice green 1, but this week a very nice 1 was added, having deep red in it, they make a lovely pair, don't they?

The green 1, is made of pressed paper. The red 1 is made of, well, what, exactly? It weighs like aluminum? Its some kinda very light (pot?) metal anyway. The green 1 has no makers mark, the red 1 has this text at the back;

Eferd Wiedemann
Frankf�rt a M S10

Its a BIT hard to read, the camera doesnt quite grab the fine details, not even in macro, sorry ...

I was reading that "Eferd Wiedemann" may mean "E. Ferdinand Wiedemann". The "a M" obviouslt for "am Main". Main, a river, Frankfurt being the biggest city of Hessen. The entire area is called the Rhein-Main-Gebiet in German. Its where the rivers Rhein + Main come together. You can easily see now where the design of the red tinnie was made up from

I've been looking at the "S 10" part? So, S, is NOT an RZM Kennbuchstabe ... they used A, B, D, G, H, K, L, M, V + W. Not S! Also, Reichsbetriebsnummern generally look WAY different? So, can't be THAT either. Could it be a Leistungsgemeinschaft Deutscher Ordenhersteller thing then? Possibly? There are some L-numbers of those, like L\15 for Otto Schickle for example? Could thee be any S-numbers too?

Oh, yes, the little book? Is a Taschenatlas! Very interesting; a view on the Deutsches Reich at about 1938. Its the 1st thing showing me "Amt f�r Reisen, Wandern und Urlaub" combined with Kraft Durch Freude. Well, I knew what KDF was, but, still nice to learn period namings + frasings + so on

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

KDF_1.jpg (97.34 KB, 406 downloads)
Up front
KDF_2.jpg (95.94 KB, 407 downloads)
From the back
KDF_3.jpg (97.6 KB, 404 downloads)
Close up, front - red
KDF_4.jpg (96.96 KB, 408 downloads)
Close up, back - red
KDF_5.jpg (95.66 KB, 403 downloads)
Close up, front - green