Thank you Gentlemen.

Joe,
In some areas/Gau almost all did, but I can't say about the whole of Austria in General.

There was already a large shooting tradition in the Tirol prior to the NS period & citizens were expected to practice regularly in case they were called upon to defend the district/country.

During the annexation, between 1941-1943 9 towns in Gau Tirol-Vorarlberg held shoots that awarded badges; Bregenz, Landeck, Schwaz, Reutte, Bludenz, Imst, Kufstein, Kitzbühel & Dornbirn.

Then in 1944 as well as the 9 listed above, 7 more towns held shoots, Lienz, Bozen, Brixen, Schlanders, Salurn, Meran & Bruneck.

To finish that off we must not forget the National Shoot (Landesschießen) held in Innsbruck annually from 1938 - 1944.

Outside of Tirol-Vorarlberg, in 1943 & 1944 Gau Salzbugerland held the Salzburger Gauschießen & the Salzburger Heimatwoche shoots. Also in 1943 Gau Kärnten, Spittal a/d Drau & Ferlach held Kreisschießen, I believe for the first time.

Not forgetting of course the Gruppenschießen of the NSKK Motorgruppe Oberdonau held in Linz from 1941 - 1943.

There may be others that I am unaware of as well.

Cheers
Don

"Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it"

Galadriel, LotR.