Craig

Not sure I see your point om "stamping out" terms used in descripions,You have used the Funeral Dagger term on your site

"Luftwaffe Dagger, Black Gripped Funeral Variant � #1041

Category � Archive � Daggers

I purchased this piece on my recent trip to Paris. Bought it at a very high-end antique market adjacent to the Louvre. Exterior grades PRISTINE MINT, with no flaws.

� Photos..

In fact, lacqueur is present on about 80% of the exterior, and has turned a slightly yellowish color. Grip is pristine, with no cracks or chips, and no traces of white paint anywhere. Blade shows ultra-minor age, with one tiny wave near the tip (it is almost imperceptible, but is present, and I don't wish to fix it - it does not detract its so small and fixable). In summary, a stunning example of this enigmatic piece. I say enigmatic, because it's not know if this piece had any specific function (thus the "Funeral" theory) or if Klaas merely got a deal on black trolon and painted the grips white to ship as standard Luftwaffe daggers. Whatever the function, these pieces are very rare, and commands the price, making it the most sought after "non etched" Luftwaffe dagger on the market."

Why did you use it if you didnt approve of the term.