I think many of the more analytical observations above have significant merit.

My attention is still drawn to the use of the three pointed crown.

I am not an expert on silver or silver hallmarks, but would offer the following:

The crown, as a symbol, is a VERY authority-specific heraldic device. Use of the crown of state, as in traditional hallmarks, designates the "approval" of the state. Therefore a period German silver hallmark, when used in its entirety, would show 1) material=crescent moon=silver, 2) content=800,and 3) who endorses it=
the IMPERIAL monarchy/government.

I don't believe this 3 pointed crown is a Bavarian, or any other monarchy-represented, device. The closest "Bavarian crown" is a 5 -pointed coronet found on the Bavarian coat-of arms.

The 3-pointed ducal crown (or ducal coronet) is traditionally used when NO other "crown" is designated. It's generic. It is primarily used to represent the general concept of nobility without representing any specific level of nobility.

The portion of the silver hallmark showing the moon and crown is NOT a private commercial logo or trademark to be randomly altered on a whim, it's symbolic of an imperial endorsement. Therefore, it should show an imperial crown.

If this "stylization" was done by Gahr, it was an extremely uneducated decision.

But, then, if this is a fantasy mark on the Gahr chain, why wouldn't a forger simply use the Imperial crown and avoid the question?

Maybe, the generic crown is the one detail that keeps this piece in the semi-innocuous realm of fake collectables and out of the realm of criminally counterfeited, government-endorsed silver.(?)

I don't know.
I wasn't there.
Just my thoughts.

Roger