I don�t think that a technical discussion of something that we can physically see. Or prove using period references can be considered naysaying. A personal testimonial is one more factor that can be considered with the well known individual providing his input as a welcomed participant.

Wagner, Thanks for posting the image of the SS Honor Dagger chain link.

I know that what is under discussion is the silver NSKK Honor dagger connector piece. However, the example you posted I think is directly tied to the images that I posted, and has an indirect connection to the NSKK component under discussion. The example in Tom Johnson�s book is basically the same as the steel Type II link - with the exception that it has the silver markings added. All done by hand at various angles and locations. And the overall appearance of the silver chain link approximates that of the steel link after the difference in physical hardness is taken into account. Both having a smooth finish.

For all of the NSKK connectors seen so far. With the possible exception of the �800� numbers, the other markings are all in more or less the same location. A logical assumption or assumptions might be:

1) A stamping fixture was used that placed the markings at the exact same location.

2) The markings were an integral part of a mold.

I have some thoughts as regards some of the physical characteristics of the connectors and markings themselves. But don�t want to prejudge them, and I�m still waiting for my brother�s input in case I�ve missed something.

And I find that I made a mistake and am going to have to correct myself. I did not take civic heraldry into account. While it is not a particularly long list, there are European cities which employ a crown with three upward projections as part of the civic coat of arms. Most of them are outside of Germany, but for the relatively few German cities, Munich itself is not on the list. FP