FP-You seem to ignore the fact that the fakers would have kept the template just as Eickhorn would.
The signature? Did you ever see a signature written with a fountain pen with a medium point?
Quite often the ink runs a bit making the signature a bit smudgy. No ball points or pilot pens those days. TW likes to sign his books with one of those old style pens--and there are smudges.
So--you blame the etch--could it be the pen?
Also you continue to disbelieve those who testified that these were found over the years by motel buyers and bought in bad condition for next to nothing.
I talked to a VERY experienced dealer today and he confirmed that. I know this dealer VERY well and I know the motel buyer also--VERY well. These guys are old school and they don't do internet and they don't like their names mentioned here. They will tell you in private though--and I believe them. They don't have any for sale and they don't own any. As far as I'm concerned --that's the end of the story. Believe it or not-there is no real proof-just opinion. You gotta believe someone--or just sell everything. Buy a reference book today.

MAX & OVMS Life Member, MAX Bd. of Experts. GDC Platinum Dealer. Collector since 1955.