Frederick,

It is my opinion that the value of the standard 1933 SA Honor with scalloped fittings and the double oval proofmark without chain and the Chained NSKK High Leader with either chain is approximately the same. However, these daggers are offered so infrequently that it is difficult to set a firm price. Supply and demand affect the market. Having been involved in this hobby as long as you have, this is surely something you�re aware of.

Reference your two precise questions.

a) can you present evidence of this claimed dagger being seen in Wisconsin in "roughly 1965" - and if so, what is the evidence?

1. No, I only have the word of the collector who purchased it.

b) Is this the same dagger, obtained in "the late 90's" that had the "SA dagger clip" so crudly soldered to the back of the cartouche Because if it wasn't, then which dagger is this Huhnlein piece?

2. No, it is not one of the daggers acquired with the altered clip. However it is the type with unique chain by Gahr.

Without checking old notes, I believe the breakdown of known NSKK High Leaders is, three examples with Gahr chains featurinig the wide cartouche with altered clips, five with the Gahr chains unaltered wide cartouche, and four with the �standard� chain.

And if I may Frederick, your thoughts on the �standard� chain itself?

Dave, you make a wonderful point.

�Just because you had not seen it until the 1970's is not a determinate in itself.�

Houston,

thank you for the kind words. I only hope it is not an exercise in futility.