Steve, in this reworked condition it is sometimes called a "tanker" Garand, even though it was not true that some Garands were shortened to allow tank crewmen to easily get them in and out of tank hatchs, etc. There were several 'experiments' in WWII to see what a shortened barrel would do but whenever the barrel is shortened it affects the gas pressure that operates the bolt and results in a fierce recoil and shortened barrel life and greatly reduced accuracy. The real value of your rifle lies solely in the six digit receiver. Winchester is a popular name to Garand collectors due to it's association with the Winchester name. I would estimate that that rifle, to a knowledgeable Garand collector to be in the $500-$600 range. At a gunshow, to someone not familiar with this barrel shortening it may bring more. To find all Winchester parts that would be correct for that rifle is a challenge as they all MUST have the same wear to bring real value. Finding them may take years and be very expensive. It will never have the accuracy of a full length Garand due to the short barrel and the muzzle jump due to the increased recoil.There is a website that may have the parts www.scottduff.com Scott will take your call and tell you more and if it is possible to get it right. He wrote several books on the Garand and so did Bruce Canfield. You can do a search on Amazon.com and may find his books...they are very informative and I learned a lot.

I hope I have helped you a little.

Mark Cool