Gottlieb, I think that's a very deep question the responsibility for the war is a more complex issue then Germany invades Poland with the help of their Soviet pals. That's the obvious elementary answer. But I think that there is a plethora of reasons why the Second World War began. It much more complex than A+B=C. There isn't a syllogism in the world that could explain the start of that great conflict. Although I believe your question to be rhetorical in nature. Nevertheless I'll answer your question of who murdered men, woman and children? Will the biggest executioners would certainly be Germany, USSR and Japan. I'll give no credit to the poor history that is taught in schools. Germany was not the only criminal enterprise operating during the war and far from it. Lest we forget the raping of Nanking, China by the Japanese or the Katyn Massacre, et cetera, et cetera that the Russians are responsible for. Sure there is a lot of blood on Germany's hands albeit there is almost an equal amount on the others I stated. I think we forget a lot of the victims by mentioning only the crimes of Germany. I think a lot is missed whether purposely or not, not included in education, books and media these days. Not enough remembrance of the others who suffered. In closing I'll quote Gaspare again, "no country is innocent of blood". That is certainly a very very true statement.